Mission Statement - Starlinger
We are an innovative European industrial company specialising in mechanical engineering and process technology.
As the world market leader in the fields of flexible woven plastic packaging, PET recycling and PET refinement we set the standards with our application-oriented solutions.
Starlinger stands for:
- quality and technology leadership: From the raw material to woven packaging back to recycled pellets – economic and ecological sustainability plays an important role in the entire cycle.
- the only A-Z turnkey plant supplier worldwide: We provide it all, including efficient project engineering, tailor-made financing solutions and comprehensive after sales service.
- developing innovative high-performance products and new technologies: We aim to generate the maximum benefit for the customer.
- responsible management through the enhancement of business objectives with social and environmental targets, incorporating circular economy principles.
- achieving long term business success: Because our qualified employees are self-motivated, entrepreneurially thinking people.
- an expanding family business: We act with foresight and work in an open and trusting relationship with our customers, employees, partners and proprietors.
Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
The Corporate Social Responsibility Policy outlines our engagement within the realm of sustainability management, as well as binding objectives to guarantee our work is responsible with respect to the environmental and the social impacts of our business.
As a company with a global presence, we, Starlinger & Co GmbH, in line with our goal to mainstream environmental and social considerations throughout our facilities, offices, and divisions, herein commit to the following actions:
- We support initiatives that are aligned with our values as indicated in our Mission Statement.
- We will adhere to the principles established in the UN Global Compact.
- We foster community relationships and innovative collaboration to promote environmental and social justice.
- We will integrate environmental and social criteria into our procurement processes.
- We strive for continuous improvement by regularly reviewing our environmental and social impacts and setting specific targets to enhance our performance.
- We encourage and promote environmental awareness among our employees and provide learning opportunities to increase employee capacity and competency in this area.
- We will pursue energy, water, and waste efficiencies through the implementation of a comprehensive resource management framework, including a monitoring system.
- We will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and pollution in all parts of our operations and divisions, and aim to offset remaining unavoidable emissions.
- We will reduce travel activities where possible and integrate environmental considerations into the way we organize and conduct conferences and meetings.
- We will strengthen circular economy principles and promote the recyclability of post-consumer and post-industrial waste materials.
- We promote attractive working environments with high social standards and maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our employees.
- We provide opportunities for training and career development to enable our employees to expand their capacities and competencies on a professional as well as personal level.
- We support diversity and inclusion and do not discriminate against any person based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, age, disability, or other characteristic.
- We foster a culture of sound business ethics and integrity at all levels of our organization and will operate with transparency in our dealings.
- We implement appropriate measures to ensure the data protection of our employees, customers, and business partners.
We aim to systematically design and implement a sustainability management and monitoring system, to measure our impact on the environment resulting from daily operations and evaluate our social actions to set regular targets for continuous improvement.
The responsibility for the development and implementation of the aforementioned areas lies with the management of Starlinger & Co GmbH, supported by the sustainability team.