Pinch-Bottom-Bag Conversion line - pp*starKON
The PP*STAR® concept, featuring side gussets and pinch bottom, is produced on the pp*starKON, the world’s first pinch bottom bag conversion line for woven PP.
The pp*starKON processes flat fabric into open-mouth pinch bottom bags with side gussets and a stepped cut. The pinch bottom is closed inline with a special glue, while on the pinch top reactive glue is pre-applied. This allows fast and clean sealing during the filling process. The heat-sealing guarantees good closure against external agents.
The PP*STAR® can be supplied with different opening features. The PP*STAR® bag length ranges from 500 – 1070 mm and the bag width is anywhere between 250 and 480 mm.
Laser cutting: flexibility on all levels
- works with many different material types and thicknesses
- settings can be adjusted during production; many different cutting shapes possible
- no downtime/costs for tool change, maintenance-free, no set-up time – just choose the desired recipe on the machine control
- Reliable operation
Glue: strong and reliable
- increased strength
- attractive appearance because of full utilization of the printed area
- increased flexibility, especially regarding possible fabric types and weights
- reduced material thickness, higher productivity
Easy-Open: be different!
- Shape/position freely customizeable
- Production of Easy-Open strip at full machine speed
- Low cost: Easy-Open is the most cost-effective one-time opening solution for this type of packaging.
|Machine speed (max.)*||120 bags/min.|
|Bag face width||250 - 480 mm (10 - 19")|
|Repeat length||500 - 1070 mm (20 - 42")|
|Gusset width *||50 - 200 mm (2 - 8")|
|Flat fabric width||600 - 1400 mm (24 - 55")|
|* depending on bag design|
|Turning unit||For folding the closed bottom either to the front or to the back of the bag|
|Direct ventilation||Mechanical microperforation < 50 μm, Laser perforation < 250 μm|
|Indirect ventilation||Laser perforation (labyrinth ventilation)|