Circular loom - FX 6.0
What’s the IQ of your loom?
Is this about measuring the intelligence of a machine? Almost.
The Indicator of Quality (IQ) is a benchmark that Starlinger & Co. GmbH introduced together with the new FX 6.0 circular loom series.
The new FX 6.0 series has an IQ of 350 meters.
This benchmark figure indicates the meters produced on a loom divided by the number of warp breaks. The Indicator of Quality serves as a means of evaluating and comparing the loom performance and fabric quality. In this case it means that a warp break on the FX 6.0 occurs on average only every 350 fabric meters, while conventional looms on the market have warp breaks every 80 - 120 m.
- Indicator of Quality (IQ) of 350
- Optimised weaving technology
- Production speed up to 1200 ppm *
- High efficiency > 90% *
- Fabric width tolerance ± 4mm *
- Wear and tear resistant
- Sensor for weft tape end
- Warp break detection system
- Outstanding fabric quality from 50 to 120 g/m2
- Weft tape width up to 6 mm **
- Oil-free fabric for high coating adhesion and food-safe products **
- Large warp and weft tape packages
- Energy-saving AC drives
* based on AD*STAR® quality standard
** depending on tape quality, reed version, fabric width and density
|Indicator of Quality (IQ)||350|
|Working width, doubleflat||300 - 850 mm|
|No. of tapes||588 / 672|
|Weft insertion*||1200 ppm|
|Warp/weft core inside diameter **||35 mm|
|Warp/weft length of core **||218 mm|
|Warp bobbin diameter (max.)||180 mm|
|Weft bobbin diameter (max.)||115 mm|
|Winding roll diameter (max.)||1200 mm|
|* depending on weaving construction, fabric, and quality of tapes|
|** special versions on request|